Date written: August 21st, 2004
Scripture ref: 1 Timothy 6:13-16
TITLE: "He's My King"
PROPOSITION: Jesus is my King because 1) He is my God. 2) He is my Savior. 3) He is my All!
OBJECTIVES: Each person should be able to state why Jesus is their King.
AIM: To teach the Kingship of Jesus and emphasize his sovereignty over our lives.
1. Read: 1 Timothy 6:13-16
2. About the Text:
1) Paul's charge to Timothy in this passage is serious.
2) He wants Timothy to know how serious this charge is.
3) Paul invokes Jesus name in order to do this.
4) But not only does Paul invoke Jesus' name, but also Jesus return.
5) And not only Jesus' return, but also Jesus' authority.
6) Jesus is the King of kings and Lord of lords.
7) To him goes all honor, power, and glory.
8) Today, this is not evident except through study and acceptance of God's word.
9) One day, it will be made plainly evident to all.
10) In that day, it will be too late to own Jesus as King if one has not owned Him while here on earth.
11) Why should we own Jesus as King today and what does that mean?
3. Ref. to S, T, P, O, and A.
DISCUSSION: Jesus is my King because . . .
I. He is my God
1. If you believe in God, then you should own Jesus as King, because Jesus is God.
2. John 1:1ff - declares it plainly.
3. 1 John 5:20 - declares it plainly
4. Psalm 45:6; Hebrews 1:8 - Prophetic passage the Hebrew writer uses to prove that Jesus is God.
5. Psalm 118:28 - Prophetic passage referring to Jesus.
6. Isaiah 9:6 - The Mighty God; The everlasting Father
7. Thomas declared it: John 20:28
8. He was worshipped as God; Luke 24:52 "and they worshipped him."
9. Jesus proved He was God because He raised Himself from the dead.
1) Acts 2:32 says that God raised Jesus up.
2) John 10:17 - Jesus had the power to raise himself.
3) Gal.1:1 - The Father raised Jesus
4) Romans 8:11 - The Holy Spirit raised Jesus.
5) The only conclusion is that Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are God!
II. He is my Savior
1. I need a savior
1) Because my sins merit my eternal death (Isaiah 59:2; Romans 6:23).
2) I cannot save myself based upon my own merits (Eph.2:8).
2. In Matthew 1:21 it was told to Joseph.
3. In Luke 2:11 it was announced, "There is born to you a Savior."
4. John 1:29 - Announced by John the Baptizer
5. 1 Timothy 4:10 - He is the Savior of all!
6. 2 Timothy 1:8-10 - abolished death, brought life through the gospel
7. 1 Peter 3:18 - brought us to God
8. 1 John 2:2 - our propitiation
9. 1 John 4:14 - Jesus was sent to be the Savior of the world.
10. 2 Cor.5:21 - Jesus was proved as the Savior of mankind through His sinless life and vicarious death on the cross.
III. He is my All
1. Because He is my God and Savior, he is my all!
2. Romans 14:9 - Christ died, rose, and revived to be my Lord.
3. I want to be His subject!
1) Gal.2:20 - I want to be crucified with him.
2) 2 Cor.5:15 - He died for all that all might live for Him
4. I want to serve under His rule!
1) Matthew 28:18 - He has all authority today
2) Hebrews 9:15 - He rules through His covenant today.
5. I want to be in His kingdom!
1) Matthew 16:18, 19 - The kingdom is His church.
2) Revelation 1:5, 6 - We are made His kingdom.
6. He gave all for me; and so I must give all for Him; He is my All!
1. Jesus is my King because...
1) He is my God.
2) He is my Savior.
3) He is my all.
1) Is Jesus your King?
2) It is one thing to say Jesus is my King; it is another to act like it.
3) If you are not a Christian enter the kingdom this morning . . .
a. Hear the word; Romans 10:17 "Faith comes by hearing . . ."
b. Believe with all your heart; Hebrews 11:6 "For without faith it is impossible . . . ."
c. Repent of your sins (Acts 17:30).
d. Confess Jesus as the Son of God (Matt.16:16).
e. Be Baptized for the remission of your sins (Mark 16:15,16).