Date written: July 10th, 2005
Scripture ref: Job 37:19
SUBJECT: God, Prayer, Worship
TITLE: What Can We Say to God?
PROPOSITION: In this lesson we will answer the question, "What can we say to God?"
Objectives: That each would know what they can say to God.
1. Read: Job 37:19
2. About the Text:
1) Elihu is criticizing Job for asking God to explain Himself to Job.
2) He asks Job many questions.
3) This is one of the more telling.
4) The question is really one of supplying knowledge.
5) We certainly cannot supply God with knowledge or anything else.
6) In fact, there is not much that we can really say to God which he doesn't already know.
7) But we can say some things to God.
3. Ref. to S, T, P, O, and A.
DISCUSSION: What can we say to God? We can say . . .
1. Revelation 19:5 "And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great. "
2. Ephesians 1:12 "That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ."
3. Psalm 150:6 "Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD."
II. Thank You
1. Revelation 11:17 "Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned."
2. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
3. Ephesians 5:20 "Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;"
III. I Love You
1. Matthew 22:37,38 "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment."
2. 2 Thessalonians 3:5 "And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ."
3. Jude 1:21 "Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life."
4. 1 John 5:3 "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous."
1. There are some things we can say to the Lord.
2) Thank You
3) I Love You